Filter by Category
Civics: Foundations of Statesmanship & Civics – Keeping Your Republic
American Civics: Foundations of Statesmanship & Civics – Keeping Your Republic /LIVE
with Mr. Austin Powell
*Easy Payment Plans: $84/month *(details below)
Grades: 9-12th (and adults)
- Live Class: Weekly MONDAYS 6:00-7:15 PM ET, or
- Flexible Class Schedule Option:
- If you cannot attend the live class, that's ok. Register here for the LIVE class anyway. Then notify the teacher that the day/time does not fit your schedule. When classes begin, you will watch the recording (within a day or 2 of the Live class). You have full access to the teacher and Student Portal and are accountable to meet class deadlines exactly like LIVE students. You can attend any LIVE class when able if you contact your teacher.
Course Dates: August 23-May 9
Cost: $588 (+$50 registration fee, not refundable)
Discounts: Promo Codes HERE
Instructor email: MrPowell@Apologia.com
More Information: No Prerequisites. Class description & teacher bio
Notes: Non-USA address? See FAQ #17
*Approximate amount if registered by March 31, 2021. Payment plans will vary based on your registration date. Final payment due on or before Oct. 31, 2021. You may request a custom payment schedule AFTER you register.
The course will explore the Biblical principles of government and statesmanship, both in terms of key governmental processes and structures. Three key concepts – political knowledge, normative values, and expected behaviors – will be evaluated from a Biblical worldview.
Learning Outcomes include, but are not limited to:
- Identify the origins of government in both Classical and Christian historical contexts.
- Identify the establishment of government and its levels (local, state, Federal) from Biblical origins
- Compare and contrast a Democracy vs a Republic
- Examine policy issues in light of Biblical and political lenses
- Evaluate the impact of the Gospel on both Christian and modern conceptions of law
- Examine political concepts such as apportionment, voting, and elections
- Synthesize a Biblical model of statesmanship in the civic arena
- The importance of the electoral college
- Division of Powers
- U.S. Constitution & Bill of Rights
- Is Online Information Trustworthy?
- ...and much more